SOUP PRIZE 2020
DATE: Saturday, March 7, 2020
LOCATION: St. Jude’s Brophy Center 1120 4 Mile Rd. Grand Rapids, MI 49525
Soup Serving of guest begins at 2-4 PM
Votes & “Chef donations” counted at 4PM , Awards immediately following
- Contestants must be at the Brophy Center by 1 PM for set up, and ready to serve by 2PM. Large Parking lot. Please use elevator when transporting soup. There is a kitchen we can use if you need to heat up.
- Soup must be prepared in advance, no mixes. Soup/Chili/ Stews may be made with any recipe.
- Entry fee (donation) for all participants is $10. This gets you 1 vote, and entries into door prizes.
- Contestants should bring a minimum of 10-12 quarts of soup keeping in mind that the more you bring, the more people will be able to taste it, and the more potential votes you will receive. *Many chefs ran out last year.
- A complete list of ingredients must be present when you check in your entry. Please print out ingredients so tasters can see (in case of food allergies). *For “Spicy” Soups please label as such. Feel free to print recipes for people to take.
- Contestants must be willing to eat their own soup.
- All contestants soups can be in crockpot, chaffers, or pan with portable burners. We will have *portable burners (for your pan) or soup chaffers to keep your soup warm. (*Must know in advance so I can have butane canisters available.) Also bring your own small ladle, for serving into 2-4 oz. styrofoam cups.
Don’t forget your tip jar. Soup cups, napkins and spoons will be provided.
- Razzing and having a great time are the major rules of the evening. Feel free to dress up/ and or decorate your table space with a special theme.
- Voting will be completed by 4:10 PM.
- Winners in the following categories will be announced by 4:15
First, Second and Third place- People’s Choice + Bragging Rights
First , Second, and Third place- Judges Choice + Bragging Rights
Souper Star – Top Tip Receiver- based on amount of donations collected in tip jar. * donations (tips) can be collected ahead of time. *Tips raised go towards the foundations mission.
- Invite all your friends and family.
- Questions please contact either Sue Lunn 616-682-0678, Nick Volpe 616 446-7825 or Julie Paas- 616 -460-3463
“Soup Prize” is a fundraiser for the Michelle Lunn HOPE Foundation that raises awareness and funds for local blood cancer patients .